July 2026 A Great Start to Year 4 at LAMP!

 On June 30, I finished up my third year of service with LAMP. As I've said to a number of folks, I don't think I can pull the rookie card anymore...I am definitely feeling more and more like I know what my job entails (or I should) and I even have some thoughts on how I might approach it better moving forward. I've been learning a lot as I go along. I am excited to keep working with LAMP!

On July 1, I started my fourth year with LAMP as my wife and I celebrated Canada Day with family and friends. From July 2-5, my wife Lynne and I headed to the Calgary Stampede for some holiday fun. On July 6, I flew to Winnipeg to get started on my summer LAMP team visits. Following visits in Thompson (Manitoba), Grandmother's Bay, and Hall Lake (both in Saskatchewan), I headed to Edmonton for a few days (no teams that week). I drove back to Thompson later that week and met up with the teams for Brochet, Lynn Lake, and Marcel Colomb (all in Manitoba). After that I headed to Deschambault in Saskatchewan. Each LAMP team I visited did a great job with their programs for kids, youth, and adults in their respective communities. Each team also welcomed good numbers of kids. So much fun! As you might imagine, I was able to take lots of great photos. I'll share them below.

Thompson, Manitoba






                    A thank you lunch for VBS team leaders Barb and Karen and the other volunteers 
                       
Grandmother's Bay, Saskatchewan




The LAMP team in Grandmother's Bay was invited to visit the cultural days being hosted at the nearby cultural camp...there was a beading station and a station for preparing fish...and a hearty breakfast was provided for all




Hall Lake, Saskatchewan


 


                         The team brought a cotton candy machine...the cotton candy was popular!

Longtime LAMP volunteers Brian and Judi L were recognized by the community for their many years of service to Hall Lake. We at LAMP are so thankful for our wonderful volunteers like Brian and Judi as well!



Brochet, Manitoba



The Brochet team uses this map to help the children understand where they come from. Can you believe that they drive most of the way, only flying from Thompson to Brochet? Amazing!

Lynn Lake, Manitoba 








Deschambault, Saskatchewan



  

The team in Deschambault focused on the Christmas story for their theme. The kids there had some fun with these costumes as they acted out scenes from the story...the Christmas angels with the shepherds, King Herod and Wise Men, the Wise Men with Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus...




What an amazing month July 2026 turned out to be!! So thankful for our LAMP team leaders and other volunteers and their willingness to travel to share the love and grace of God through Jesus. So thankful for the community leaders and communities who welcome our LAMP teams so warmly. So thankful for all the children, the teenagers, and adults who joined in with our programs. 

Here's a few pictures of our time in Calgary (my wife Lynne and I)...so thankful for Canada's team in the World Cup and so thankful for time together! So thankful for you as well...for your prayers and support!





                                                                        Yay, Canada!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2024: Anniversary Celebrations, Visits in Manitoba and a Trip to Nashville

September 2025 Settling In To A New Home And Community

April 2025: Buying and Selling and Connecting and Grieving (with hope) and Celebrating